If you have a lot of cardboard boxes around, you may want to try making some crafts out of them. They’re easy and inexpensive, and kids will love them!
For example, you can make a tree, a dinosaur, a game, or a photo frame. All of these are super fun to make and will keep your kids entertained for a long time!
Make a Tree Out Of Cardboard
Making your tree out of cardboard can be a great way to celebrate the holiday season. It’s also an inexpensive craft that you can do with your kids. There are a variety of ways to make trees out of cardboard, including using paper plates and creating a two-dimensional tree.
This easy craft is a fun project for children to do, and it also helps them learn about the different colors of trees they see outside their windows. They can even practice cutting skills while they create this craft.
What do I need?
To make this project, you will need some construction paper and a roll of cardboard.
- Cut out a tree shape and then glue the pieces of paper together to form a tree. Once you’ve finished, you can decorate the tree however you want. You can also use glitter, stickers, or any other decorative materials you have on hand.
- Next, you’ll need to cut slits in the tree shapes for joining them together. You can either fold the top of the tree down vertically and then crease it or mark the center, or you can cut a slit in the bottom of the tree up to the center.
- Once you have created your tree, you can paint it green and then add decorations such as buttons, ribbons, pom poms, or anything else you would like. You can even attach a tree topper.
If you’re looking for a more advanced project, try creating a 3D tree out of cardboard. This will take some time and effort, but it will be worth it in the end.
- The first step is to print out a couple of templates of tree shapes. You can find them online or in a craft store.
- After you’ve printed the templates, cut out one full tree and two half trees from your cardboard. You’ll need a lot of cardboard to make this project work.
- You’ll need a ruler and a blunt plastic knife or spent ballpoint pen to score the cardboard. This will help you fold the trees easier.
- Then, you’ll need some hot glue to glue the trees together and a little bit of paint for coloring. You can use tempera, acrylic, or BioColors for this project.
Make a Dinosaur Out Of Cardboard
If you’re looking for a fun craft to do with your kids, try making dinosaurs. They’re simple enough that preschoolers can make them on their own, and they always end up adorable. Cardboard is a great choice for dinosaur crafts because it’s easy to cut and shape. It’s also inexpensive, so it’s a perfect way to keep your children entertained on a budget. You can make a dino using different types of cardboard, including paper plates, foam, and cardboard tubes. You can also make one that moves, so you can set it up in all sorts of amusing poses!
Make A Moving Dinosaur:
- To make a dinosaur that moves, first position the body section of the cardboard on your table.
- Then, mark the areas where you want to add the legs, neck, and tail.
- Next, insert a paper fastener through the hole in each of these areas.
- Then, position the corresponding body piece below and insert a paper fastener through that as well.
- Repeat for all four parts of the dinosaur.
There are lots of fun dinosaur crafts that you can make with your kids, from dinosaur fossils to dinosaur cards and more! These simple step-by-step tutorials will help you teach your little ones all about these prehistoric creatures!
If you want to get even more creative, try making a dinosaur costume for your child. These are super easy to make, and they’re a lot of fun for Halloween or other dress-up events!
Another easy craft you can do with your kids is to make a dinosaur handprint card. This project is very simple and requires just a few basic supplies, including cardstock paper, pom poms, big googly eyes, glue, scissors, and a dinosaur head template.
Creating this handprint dinosaur is a great way to let your kids make a personalized card for themselves, or they can give it as a gift to someone else!
You can also make a DIY cupcake liner dinosaur craft. This project is a great way to use up extra cupcake liners that you might have lying around, and it’s a fun activity for kids!
Make a Game Out Of Cardboard
When kids are tired of watching TV, playing video games, or simply spending their free time on computer screens, a cardboard game can be a great way to occupy their attention. These games are simple to make and are sure to entertain your children for hours. Cardboard is an incredibly versatile material for craft projects. You can make a whole range of different types of games with it, from simple board games to sophisticated puzzles. If you’re looking for a challenge, try making a marble maze or a cardboard Tetris game!
If you’re looking for something more simple to do with your kids, a game of large-print scrabble is easy to make. The kids will love putting together big blocks of letters, and the activity will also help reinforce phonemic awareness, spelling, and reading.
- For this fun activity, you’ll need a box and some bold letter stickers. You can purchase the stickers at a craft store for around $5.
- Start by drawing a grid of 10 squares vertically and by 10 horizontally on your square cardboard. Once that’s done, assemble the cardboard on your foam board.
- Next, you’ll need to cut out several shapes. For example, if you’re going with the red grid, your cuts should be squares; if you’re using pink or blue, they should be rectangles.
- With the shapes cut out, glue them to your square cardboard and allow them to dry. Once they’re dry, you can then assemble them on your foam board to complete the game.
This a fantastic and creative use for those toilet paper tubes! These tube stacking games are perfect for little hands, but you can also add other materials to the mix if you’d like. They’re a great way to practice counting, adding, and subtraction.
Another simple and clever idea is to take an empty shipping box and tape it closed, then roll a die on each side to determine the direction of the movement. You can even add colored tape to the die for a more colorful look. It’s a great rainy day activity for the kids to do, and it will keep them busy and entertained for hours!
Make a Photo Frame Out Of Cardboard
A photo frame is an attractive way to display your pictures. They’re useful for a variety of reasons, and they can be made out of any material you prefer. Cardboard is a great material to use when making a photo frame because it’s inexpensive and easy to work with. You can also use cardboard to make a range of different types of frames, from simple boxes to intricate pieces of art.
You can also create a photo frame out of recycled cardboard, which is another way to use up scrap materials. Using cardboard is a cheap and quick way to make a unique frame for your photos, and it’s a good option for people who have limited time and resources.
Ways To Make A Photo Frame Out Of Cardboard:
There are many ways to make a photo frame out of cardboard, including wrapping it with strips of paper or adding decorative stickers. Whether you’re using strips of paper or stickers, make sure to leave enough room for your pictures to fit inside. The main reason you want to consider using a frame is that it can help preserve your photos. Printed pictures are susceptible to fading and other types of damage, so you need to protect them as much as possible.
A photo frame can be a great way to protect your pictures, and it can also help them look more beautiful than they do without one. You can also use a frame to add depth and dimension to your photographs, which can help capture details or get a sense of perspective.
- To make a cardboard frame, start by cutting out the size you want from your cardboard. Be sure to leave a few inches of extra space around each edge so that your pictures can fit.
- Once you’ve cut your cardboard to the right size, you can begin to wrap it with strips of paper. You can use magazine pages, newspapers, or any other scrap paper you have lying around.
- You’ll need to use Mod Podge to stick the paper tubes in place, so you’ll want to make sure that you have plenty of it. You can also use any other type of glue to hold the paper in place, but Mod Podge tends to be effective, secure, and easy to work with.